Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
We cannot think of a more iconic Fall flavour than Pumpkin Spice. It can be found everywhere you look in the middle of September. One of the most popular ways to enjoy it is in a Pumpkin Spice Latte. While commercial and coffee shop versions can be high in sugar and unhealthy fats, we’ve prepared a much healthier alternative that is seriously yummy.
· 1 shot of espresso or 4 oz. of very strong coffee
· 3/4 cup of coconut milk (or any other milk beverage of your choice)
· 3 tbsp. organic pumpkin puree
· 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
· 5 drops of New Roots Herbal's Stevia Sweetleaf
· 1/8 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice *(cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg, cardamom)
· 1/8 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
· Pinch of coconut sugar for topping
· Pinch of pumpkin pie spice for topping
*You can make your own pumpkin pie spice by mixing 50% cinnamon, 35% ginger/nutmeg, 10% clove, 5% cardamom
Brew a shot of espresso.
Pour your coffee in a mixing glass and add your pumpkin, spices, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
Use a blender to whip together
Meanwhile, add your New Roots Herbal Stevia Sweetleaf to your milk and heat with a milk frother.
Pour into mug and dust the top with a pinch of coconut sugar and extra pumpkin pie spice (optional).