Heart “Beet” Ginger Soup
Here’s a recipe to get you started on your heart-healthy diet.
- 4–6 large beets
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1–2 tbsp. of fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- Peel the beets and cut the vegetables into large pieces.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, turn it down to a simmer and leave for one hour.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
Tip: You can also place all of the ingredients in your slow-cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Blend before serving.