Turmeric Orange Chaga Chia Pudding
What a superstar lineup: Incredible chaga mushroom; coconut milk’s medium-chain and chia’s omega-3 fatty acids; anti-inflammatory turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon; and prebiotic inulin fibre: We’ve got you covered on multiple fronts! With its deliciously and delicate flavour, creamy texture, warming spices, and uplifting hint of orange, this is a guilt-free dessert you will look forward to. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Three Cups
- 2 cups water
- 1 chunk New Roots Herbal’s Chaga Tea (about 2 cm diameter)
- 1 organic chai tea bag (my favourite is rooibos chai)
- 1 tsp. New Roots Herbal’s organic Fermented Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. organic powdered ginger
- ½ tsp. organic ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper (seriously, don’t skip this!)
- One 400 ml can of full-fat organic coconut milk (or favourite creamy nondairy milk)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or 1 tsp. New Roots Herbal’s Stevia Sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or powder
- ½ cup organic chia seeds
- Zest from one organic orange (about 1–1½ tsp., packed)
- Pinch of salt
- Optional garnish: cinnamon, cloves, orange wedges, or coconut whipped cream
Into a heavy saucepan, bring to a boil the water, chaga chunk, tea bag, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and black pepper. Allow to boil for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to low. Add the coconut milk, vanilla, and maple syrup or sweetener, and continue to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in the orange zest and chia seeds. Add a pinch of salt, to taste.
Remove the chaga chunk (which you can wash, freeze, and reuse!) and tea bag, then pour into bowls or beautiful glasses. Refrigerate 6–8 hours or overnight before enjoying. Serve garnished with coconut whipped cream, spices, and/or fruit for breakfast or dessert; or pack as an easy grab-and-go addition to your lunch box.