Grilled Veggie Tostada
It’s finally here: the time of year when your oven can hibernate! Soups are passé… and your kitchen floor stays just a little bit cleaner.
Yup! It’s BBQ season!
This meal is great for the whole family and can easily become another DIY meal (see the recipe for tips).
What are you waiting for? Fire up the BBQ!
- 2 corn on the cobs, husk dipped in water
- 2 zucchinis, quartered lengthwise
- 2 peppers, seeded and halved
- 1 can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 corn tostadas
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- Heat your BBQ to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Place the corn on the cob, zucchini, and pepper halves directly on the BBQ. Turn frequently. Cook 7–10 minutes, or until you begin getting grill marks on each side and the pepper begins to soften. Remove from grill.
- Remove husk from corn, and use knife to remove corn from the cobs. Chop up the zucchinis and peppers, and combine with corn and black beans.
- Serve on tostadas and top with your favourite (healthy!) toppings.
Make it DIY: Instead of combining the grilled veggies, keep all vegetables, proteins, and toppings separate, and let everyone personalize their own.