Baked Carrot Fries and Creamy Cashew Ranch Dip
Ingredients for Carrot Fries
- As many carrots as you would like, cut into matchsticks
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for Creamy Cashew Ranch Dip
- ⅓–½ cup of water (depending on how thick you want it)
- ¾ cup of raw cashew pieces
- 1½ tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill, or ¾ teaspoon dried
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F (205 °C).
- Place the carrots on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and add a generous pinch of
salt. Toss around to coat evenly. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until soft. Flip and continue
to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the water, cashew, lemon juice, onion powder, salt, apple cider vinegar,
and olive oil to a blender, and mix until completely smooth. Then, add the rest of the
ingredients and blend on low/medium until mixed. Don’t over blend! We want to keep
little green specks. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It will thicken the sauce.
* You can do a big batch of the fries and keep them in the fridge for several days. Simply
reheat when desired.
A classically trained chef turned raw-dessert chef, she
is a travel bug, a chocoholic, and a certified yoga