This Recipe Is “the Bomb”
Chocolate-Beet Fat Bombs are ideal to increase healthy fat intake, especially for those on a plant-based diet. Their decadent flavour profile is complemented with the rich taste and health benefits of Fermented Red Beet.
Chocolate-Beet Fat Bombs
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- ¼ cup cacao butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp. New Roots Herbal Fermented Red Beet
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (optional)
- In a medium-sized pan, begin to bring heat over medium and add cacao butter until it begins melting.
- Slowly add the chocolate chips or chunks and stir until uniform.
- Add the Fermented Red Beet, the salt, as well as the maple syrup and cinnamon if desired.
- Mix well, then spoon into mold.
- Once mold is full, place in freezer for about an hour until firm. Once emptied, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- The layering as seen in the photo will occur naturally.
- Be mindful of your mold! Make sure to look for nontoxic, BPA-free, and heat-resistant on the label.
- Substituting coconut oil for cacao butter can affect layering
A certified nutritional practitioner who is passionate about creating and educating on the health benefits of nutrient dense whole food, Megan runs Liberty Nourished Nutritional Services, helping her clients to achieve their goals including any aspect that leads to their general wellbeing.