Shiitake Martini with Portobello Bayonets
Homemade shiitake mayo is simple and delicious. It pairs well with meaty flame-seared portobello and Cajun bagel crisps.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon New Roots Herbal Apple Cider Vinegar Powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons New Roots Herbal Shiitake Powder
- 1 cup olive oil
Whisk or blend first six ingredients, then slowly add olive oil as you blend until emulsification is complete.
Cut portobello cap into ½-inch slices, pierce with satay sticks, lightly brush with olive oil, then char on grill. Serve with bagel chips, toast points, or other dipping preference.