Grilled Portobello with Fermented Turmeric Wild Rice
This vegetarian dish is deep in flavour, rich in plant-based protein and fibre, then blessed with the anti-inflammatory action of fermented turmeric.
- 4 large portobello caps, drizzled with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Small onion, diced
- 1¾ cups of water
- 1 cup of wild rice blend
- 1 cup of kale, diced
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. red palm fruit oil
- 1 tbsp. fermented turmeric
- 1 tbsp. Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
Sauté onions in red palm fruit oil for a few minutes. Stir in the wild rice and add the water, kale, fermented turmeric, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer until ready (approximately 40 minutes). Mix in roasted pumpkin seeds before serving to retain crunch.
Lightly rub portobello with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill to a light char. Slice and serve with wild rice. Enjoy!