Creamy Cashew Coconut Basmati Bowl
This savoury vegetarian dish is full of protein, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 400 ml organic coconut cream
- 1½ cups cashews, finely diced
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp. New Roots Herbal’s Heart Smart Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. New Roots Herbal’s Fermented Turmeric
- 1 tsp. Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- ½ tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper, freshly ground
- Juice of one mandarin
Sauté garlic, onions, and spinach for several minutes in the olive oil. Add remaining ingredients; stir and simmer for about 20 minutes. Serve with basmati rice.
This recipe yields plenty enough for four. Just add some Sriracha for a little extra kick.