“Can’t Believe It’s Not Beef” Burger
This one has the look of an organic beef burger, yet with the complexity of a mosaic of mushrooms, beans, vegetables, seeds, and nuts. We suggest BBQ spices; however, it works well with East Indian or Caribbean seasoning.
- 1 can (19 oz.) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. wild rice
- 1 tbsp. red palm fruit oil
- A few splashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- ½ cup shredded potato (squeeze out excess fluid)
- ½ cup shredded apple
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic (slivered)
- 1 tbsp. mushroom powder (ground dry wild mushroom mix)
- 1 tbsp. BBQ spices
- 105 g roasted salted cashews (crushed)
Sear wild rice and onions in red palm fruit oil for a few minutes. Add garlic then water, and fully cook until rice blisters.
Mash kidney beans, then add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Allow rice to cool, then mix with other ingredients and form into patties.
Prepare in advance, and freeze prior to pan-searing or grilling.